I was frustrated with the Victron BMV-712 Bluetooth and only being able to use the APP while in close proximity to the monitor. So I went searching for a solution.
I utilized Remote Desktop to access the Monitor APP on the computer located in my RV over WiFi and now I can view the status of the system from anywhere…
Video | Manual | Review | Sourced From Amazon | purchased this item on November 27, 2018
Built similarly and with all the functions of it’s predecessor, the BMV-702. Victron included a built-in bluetooth to it’s BMV-712 Smart Battery Monitor. Giving users the ability to access important information from their battery monitor via a smart phone. Like any good battery monitor, it allows you to better maintain your batteries and track your energy usage and charging systems.
Download the Victron Bluetooth app. Use a smartphone or other Bluetooth enabled device to:
- customize settings
- monitor all important data on single screen
- view historical data
- update the software when new features become available
Easy to install
Bi-stable alarm relay prevents increased current draw in case of an alarm
- Battery voltage, current, power, ampere-hours consumed and state of charge
- Remaining time at the current rate of discharge
- Programmable visual and audible alarm
- Programmable relay, to turn off non critical loads or to run a generator when needed
- 500 Amp quick connect shunt and connection kit
- Shunt selection capability up to 10.000 Amps
- VE.Direct communication port – Stores a wide range of historical events, which can be used to evaluate usage patterns and battery health
- Wide input voltage range: 9.5 – 95V
- High current measurement resolution: 10 mA (0.01A)
- Additional input to measure voltage (of a second battery), temperature or midpoint voltage, and corresponding alarm and relay settings.
Random Performance Testing
7,974 total views, 40 views today
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: